Tips to encourage responsible MMS use include:
- Respect privacy of others; the same applies if you were using a regular or digital camera
- Remember to ask first; if you are taking a picture of someone and intend to MMS it
- Respect the sort of image you take of someone; do not force or ignore their right to say 'NO'. If you plan to send it on the MMS to someone else, check if it is right with them.
- Passing on objectionable material only reduces a person's self-respect, and the respect he/she can get from others.
- Becoming part of a forward that is ridiculing another, means that you are also an abuser.